Location: Naperville, IL
Job Description: We are seeking a business savvy accountant/controller to help grow and scale our service related business to next levels. In this position, you will work with the leadership team to achieve growth goals within a defined ten-year plan. Candidates with over five years of finance or accounting experience in a Service-related business will be a great fit. CPA is preferred but not required.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day accounting functions such as A/P, A/R, and Payroll through cash flow management.
- Protecting assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition and planning future, both short and long term.
- Preparing budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Providing status of financial condition to leadership team by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Preparing special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintaining financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributing to team effort by participating as a member of our leadership team and accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a Service business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- CPA a benefit.
- Defining and Managing Processes
- Financial Software including QuickBooks and Excel
- GAAP Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Analyzing Information
Optimum Safety Management is a full-service safety consulting firm located in the Chicago region, serving clients both regionally and nationally. Optimum Safety Management provides safety management compliance, systems and training in construction, manufacturing, industrial, and many other markets.
We provide a great work environment, paid PTO, retirement and health benefits.