Location: Chicago, IL
Are you a motivated entry level safety professional (1 to 4 years’ experience) looking for an exciting, fast-paced work environment to expand your knowledge related to the construction and manufacturing sectors? We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about learning with a goal to become the best they can be!
In this position you will support the efforts of our Lead Safety Professionals to ensure our clients are meeting agreed upon targeted objectives within their Safety Management System. The body of work that you will be exposed to will enhance your career as a well-rounded Safety Professional for the construction and manufacturing sectors. Your skills in leadership, program development, training, site surveys, OSHA and incident investigations and OSHA compliance knowledge will continually be stretched resulting in your growth.
We welcome strong candidates from current Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinators, Safety Specialists, Safety Managers, EH&S Managers, Safety Professionals, or recent college graduates who have a desire to leverage their influence and impact many organizations and workers. With our headquarters in Naperville, IL we service clients within the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois as well as nationally.
Our vision at Optimum Safety Management is “Workers Everywhere Valued and Safe”. To fulfil this vision Optimum partners with our clients to achieve best practices in workplace safety management, resulting in significant gains in engagement, productivity, and profitability. We provide an innovative, structured, and sustainable approach to safety management to meet the needs of our clients.
We are seeking qualified Safety Professionals that are dedicated to delivering the best experience and results for our clients while exhibiting our core values.
- Safety – We never unnecessarily risk the well-being of an individual.
- Excellence – We exceed expectations in all we do.
- Integrity – We mean what we say. We deliver what we promise.
- Communication – We carefully listen and clearly communicate.
- Teamwork – We partner with others, valuing everyone’s input.
- Innovation – We deliver inventive solutions.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Manage your time effectively with organizational skills
- Effectively written and verbal communication with the Optimum Lead Safety Professionals and clients.
- Assistance in developing weekly toolbox talks and monthly trainings
- Assistance develop safety and health written programs and training programs.
- Conduct client Safety Team meetings and trainings
- Conduct safety surveys and provide innovative recommendations for corrective compliance.
- Assist with OSHA inspections and incident investigations.
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Expected work week is 50 hours with 40 hours of client billable work.
- Work typically occurs during normal business hours, but may also include nights and weekends as required by project schedules.
- Travel up to ~25% – Travel may include single overnight trips up to and including week long assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent degree.
- 1- 5 years of environmental, health, and safety experience
- Certification requirements include:
- CHST, OHST, ASP a plus
- OSHA Outreach Trainer a plus
- Working closely with the Optimum Lead Safety Professionals and client front line supervisors to drive Safety Management Systems;
- Interpreting and applying legal requirements and company standards;
- Providing guidance and technical assistance on Safety and Health matters;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as needed;
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish also a plus
[sf_button colour=”accent” type=”standard” size=”standard” link=”http://www.cindexinc.com/c/4DD92F” target=”_blank” icon=”ss-cursor” dropshadow=”no” extraclass=””]Click Here to Apply[/sf_button]