[September 10, 2021] – President Biden imposed new vaccine rules on Thursday affecting federal workers, large employers, and health care staff. These new requirements could apply to as many as 100 million Americans. As your safety partner, we to ensure you are aware of these recent changes.
Key elements of the new plans include:
- OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard requiring all employers with at least 100 employees to:
- Ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated, or
- Require unvaccinated workers to produce weekly negative test results prior to arriving to work
- OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard requiring all employers with at least 100 employees to provide:
- Paid time off for workers to get vaccinations
- Paid time off for workers to recover from possible post-vaccination side-effects
- Executive Orders requiring all federal employees of the Executive branch and all employees of contractors doing business with federal government to be vaccinated
There are also updates to the penalties, fines, and other possible citations for organizations that fail to comply under the new requirements.
Optimum Safety Management provides the information and services to help companies develop safety leaders and improve overall safety performance. For more information on how Optimum Safety Management can assist with your businesses’ safety needs, contact an expert today, or reach out via phone at 630-759-9908.